The Responsibility of the Local Church to Its Individual Members
1 Corinthians 1:1-3
I. We should offer a firm foundation (Acts 4:11; 1 Cor. 3:10; Mat. 16:13-19; Acts 2:36-37). The Rock is Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
II. We should offer a sound educational program (1 Cor. 12:28-29; Eph. 4:11-12; Heb. 5:12; Hosea 4:6).
- We need men and women to be teachers.
- We must emphasize atttendance (Heb. 10:25)
III. We should provide scriptural leadership.
- Shepherds are not a board of directors. Used over 500 times in scripture. Shepherds smell like sheep.
- Deacons are servants. Acts 6:1-4. They should take a physical activity and make it spiritual. 1 Tim. 3:10, 13 emphasizes the relationship of a deacon to his work.
- Preachers must preach the truth in love (Eph. 4:15). Preach all truth (Acts 20:27; 2 Tim. 4:1-2). Preach not to please the members or the elders, but to please God.
None of these will be offered if the members don't ensure it's done.
"It isn't the church, it's you!"